The Dick Arnold Trophy - Rules
1. This Trophy has been presented to the Club by Mrs Phil Arnold to commemorate the long association, both as a player and Vice President that her husband had with the Club.
2. The Dick Arnold Trophy is to be awarded annually to the member, who, in the opinion of the Committee, has contributed most to the success of the Club. Efforts on behalf of the Club off the field of play will be considered, as well as success as a player or official. The Committee has the right to withhold award of the Trophy if, in their opinion, no suitable candidate has been nominated.
3. The following people will be considered eligible for consideration of the award of the Trophy:
i. Playing members – junior and senior
ii. President and Vice-Presidents
iii. Recognised officials – for example umpires, official scorer etc.
4. The permanent Trophy will take the form of a salver to be presented to the winner at the Annual Presentation Evening, suitably engraved at the expense of the Club. The salver will be retained by the winner for one year and returned to the Secretary by no later than the last league game of the season in the year following the presentation.
5. In addition to the permanent Trophy, the winner will be awarded a plaque to retain as a record of their success, this plaque to be purchased at the expense of the Club. If the award winner is a non-playing member a suitable substitute award will be given.
6. Any Club member can nominate a candidate for consideration for the award.
7. Nominations must be given to the Secretary by no later than one week after the last league game of the season.
8. Nominations must be in writing and must give the following information:
i. Name of nominee
ii. Name of nominator
iii. Brief reason for the nomination
9. Nominations will be considered by the Committee in special session at a suitable meeting prior to the Presentation Evening.
10. Whilst a quorum of a minimum of five members will be required for this meeting, the full constitution of the Committee is to be preferred for this special session.
11. All members of the Committee who have been nominated for the award will be debarred from attending this item on the Agenda.
12. If the provision in paragraph 11 reduces the number of Committee members available to fewer than the required quorum then the Chairman and secretary will co-opt members for this meeting in the following order of priority:
i. Officials who are not Committee members
ii. Senior Club members
iii. President and Vice-Presidents
13. The Committee will consider all nominations in open Committee. Following this a short list of three nominations will be selected by secret ballot.
The final three nominees will then be further considered and the winner selected.
14. The Secretary will notify Mrs Arnold of the name of the winner before the Annual Presentation Evening.
15. No member of the Committee will divulge which nominees formed the final three nominees in the selection process. All discussions in Committee regarding selection of the winner are to be considered strictly private and members of the Committee undertake to maintain this privacy.
16. The rules for the award of the Dick Arnold Trophy may only be changed by the consent of a majority of members present at either the Annual General Meeting or an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Club Members.
16 September 2004